StoreThe Great Coin Hunt -Numismatic Fortune
1839 BOOBY HEAD United States 1C
GRADE: NGC MS 63 BN
CERTIFICATION NUMBER: 628070-011
NGC COIN WEBSITE: https://www.ngccoin.com
Presenting an authentic and highly sought-after piece of numismatic history, the 1839 Booby Head United States 1C Copper Large Cent Coin. This particular variation, known as the "Booby Head" design, is a rare and fascinating piece for both collectors and enthusiasts alike.
Minted in 1839, this coin features the Large Cent design created by Christian Gobrecht, the third Chief Engraver of the United States Mint. The obverse of the coin showcases a left-facing portrait of Lady Liberty, adorned with a coronet inscribed with the word "LIBERTY." The profile is often referred to as the "Booby Head" due to the unusual appearance of Liberty's forehead, which is slightly more pronounced and rounded compared to other variations. This distinctive feature has made the Booby Head a highly desirable and collectible coin.
Surrounding the profile are 13 stars, symbolizing the original 13 American colonies, along with the year of issue, 1839. The reverse features a wreath encircling the words "ONE CENT," with the words "UNITED STATES OF AMERICA" inscribed around the outer edge. The coin's composition is predominantly copper, as the name suggests, and it has a diameter of 28 mm and a weight of approximately 10.89 grams.
This 1839 Booby Head United States 1C Copper Large Cent Coin is a rare find
Please note all items are "as-is where-is"
Terms and Conditions
1. All items are sold where is, as is.
2. We will contact you the day after the auction ends with further instruction by email.
3. There will be a $20 fee assessed per item not picked up at that time that will be collected prior to bidding again at our auctions. If it's larger than a suitcase, there is a $50 fee.
4. Please plan accordingly as items not picked up are considered "abandoned". Do not bid if you cant pick up this day.
5. You are responsible for ensuring you collect all items at pickup. If you don't pickup your items, your card on file will be charged plus a fee to remove the item.
6. Legacy uses "Popcorn" or "Extended" bidding. This means if a bid comes in at the last second, it is extended 3 minutes. This is like a live auctioneer saying, "going once" to ensure all bids are exhausted prior to closing.
7. We charge a 12% flat buyers premium on all items.
8. We charge KY State Tax.
9. You must bring help to pickup any items. We can recommend movers upon request. Also, please bring tools for items that require disassembly.
10. Please read our complete terms and conditions for additional details.
Category: Collectibles and Memorabilia