StoreThe Great Coin Hunt -Numismatic Fortune
GRADE: NGC MS 66
CERTIFICATION NUMBER: 135966-006
NGC COIN WEBSITE: https://www.ngccoin.com
1943-P (Philadelphia Mint) United States Jefferson Nickel graded MS 63 BN (Brown) by NGC (Numismatic Guaranty Corporation).
The 1943-P Jefferson Nickel is part of the "War Nickels" series, which was minted from 1942 to 1945. During World War II, there was a shortage of nickel due to its use in the production of war materials. To conserve nickel for the war effort, the U.S. Mint changed the composition of the five-cent coin from the usual 75% copper and 25% nickel to a 56% copper, 35% silver, and 9% manganese alloy.
NGC is a leading third-party coin grading service that evaluates the condition of coins and assigns them a numerical grade. An MS 63 BN grade means that the coin is in Mint State (uncirculated) condition with moderate to heavy marks and/or hairlines. The "BN" designation indicates that the coin has a predominantly brown color, which is common for copper and copper-alloy coins that have toned or oxidized over time.
In summary, a 1943-P United States Jefferson Nickel graded MS 63 BN by NGC is an uncirculated wartime alloy five-cent coin with moderate to heavy marks and a predominantly brown color.
Please note all items are "as-is where-is"
Terms and Conditions
1. All items are sold where is, as is.
2. We will contact you the day after the auction ends with further instruction by email.
3. There will be a $20 fee assessed per item not picked up at that time that will be collected prior to bidding again at our auctions. If it's larger than a suitcase, there is a $50 fee.
4. Please plan accordingly as items not picked up are considered "abandoned". Do not bid if you cant pick up this day.
5. You are responsible for ensuring you collect all items at pickup. If you don't pickup your items, your card on file will be charged plus a fee to remove the item.
6. Legacy uses "Popcorn" or "Extended" bidding. This means if a bid comes in at the last second, it is extended 3 minutes. This is like a live auctioneer saying, "going once" to ensure all bids are exhausted prior to closing.
7. We charge a 12% flat buyers premium on all items.
8. We charge KY State Tax.
9. You must bring help to pickup any items. We can recommend movers upon request. Also, please bring tools for items that require disassembly.
10. Please read our complete terms and conditions for additional details.
Category: Collectibles and Memorabilia