This collection includes 3 pieces of Hatian art. One of the pieces is singed "Eliemme A. Thomas", another appears to be signed "S. Dorlean", the last has a signature, but it is difficult to read. They all feature very vibrant colors.
Haitian art is a complex tradition, reflecting African roots with strong Indigenous, American and European aesthetic and religious influences. It is an important representation of Haitian culture and history.
Many artists cluster in ‘schools’ of painting, such as the Cap-Haïtienschool, which features depictions of daily life in the city, the JacmelSchool, which reflects the steep mountains and bays of that coastal town, or the Saint-Soleil School, which is characterized by abstracted human forms and is heavily influenced by "Vaudou" symbolism.
Please note all items are "as-is where-is" unless otherwise noted.
39 x 28.75"
24" x 20"
9.5" x 7.75"
Terms and Conditions:
1. All items are sold where is, as is.
2. We will contact you the day after the auction ends with further instruction by email and exact address.
3. There will be a $20 fee assessed per item not picked up at that time that will be collected prior to bidding again at our auctions.
4. Please plan accordingly as items not picked up are considered "abandoned". Do not bid if you cant pick up this day.
5. You are responsible for ensuring you collect all items at pickup.
6. Legacy uses "Popcorn" or "Extended" bidding. This means if a bid comes in at the last second, it is extended 3 minutes. This is like a live auctioneer saying, "going once" to ensure all bids are exhausted prior to closing.
7. We charge a 10% flat buyers premium on all items.
8. We charge KY State Tax.
9. You must bring help to pickup any items. We can recommend movers upon request. Also, please bring tools for items that require disassembly. If you want to have an item shipped, see our shipping process below.
10. Please read our complete terms and conditions for additional details.