StoreThe Great Coin Hunt -Numismatic Fortune
GRADE: NGC MS 64
CERTIFICATION NUMBER: 552676-002
NGC COIN WEBSITE: https://www.ngccoin.com
NGC certification number (552676-002) for a 1911 United States $2.50 Gold Coin (also known as a Quarter Eagle) graded as Mint State 64 (MS 64) by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC). The coin also has a pedigree associated with it: T. Price.
The 1911 $2.50 Gold Coin is an Indian Head Quarter Eagle, featuring a composition of 90% gold and 10% copper, a diameter of 18mm, and a weight of 4.18 grams. The obverse of the coin displays a left-facing portrait of Lady Liberty wearing a Native American headdress with the word "LIBERTY" inscribed on the headband, and 13 stars surrounding the portrait. The date "1911" is engraved below the portrait. The reverse features a standing eagle perched on a bundle of arrows with an olive branch, and the inscriptions "UNITED STATES OF AMERICA," "E PLURIBUS UNUM," and "2 ½ DOLLARS."
A grade of MS 64 indicates that the coin is in near-gem condition with only minor imperfections or contact marks, showing an attractive mint luster and eye appeal. The T. Price pedigree signifies that the coin was once part of a notable collection, which may add some additional interest or value for collectors.
Please note all items are "as-is where-is"
Terms and Conditions
1. All items are sold where is, as is.
2. We will contact you the day after the auction ends with further instruction by email.
3. There will be a $20 fee assessed per item not picked up at that time that will be collected prior to bidding again at our auctions. If it's larger than a suitcase, there is a $50 fee.
4. Please plan accordingly as items not picked up are considered "abandoned". Do not bid if you cant pick up this day.
5. You are responsible for ensuring you collect all items at pickup. If you don't pickup your items, your card on file will be charged plus a fee to remove the item.
6. Legacy uses "Popcorn" or "Extended" bidding. This means if a bid comes in at the last second, it is extended 3 minutes. This is like a live auctioneer saying, "going once" to ensure all bids are exhausted prior to closing.
7. We charge a 12% flat buyers premium on all items.
8. We charge KY State Tax.
9. You must bring help to pickup any items. We can recommend movers upon request. Also, please bring tools for items that require disassembly.
10. Please read our complete terms and conditions for additional details.
Category: Collectibles and Memorabilia