This is an authentic Prada black handbag.
Well-known for its lines of ready-to-wear, shoes, fashion accessories and perfumes, fashion house Prada's origins lie in leather goods. Avant-gardist, the brand forged its reputation by adopting innovating materials, such as Pocono nylon, for the confection of its ladies' handbags. Classic or contemporary, understated or colourful, Prada bags are must-have accessories.
The history of the luxury brand began in 1913, when craftsman Mario Prada opened a leather goods shop in Italy. By handling the leather with the utmost care to create superior quality products, he rapidly built up a reputation for himself and laid the foundations of what would one day become a veritable empire. It was not, however, until the 1970's and the arrival of the granddaughter of Mario, Miuccia Prada, who took over the family business with her husband Patrizio Bertelli, that the brand would come to a major turning point. Bold and creative, the young woman worked with materials that were innovative at that time and launched a handbag made of Pocono, a nylon material with a silky appearance, that placed the brand centre stage on the international scene.
Pocono may have contributed to Prada's reputation, but the brand's main speciality is the use of Saffiano calfskin. This leather has a texture all its own, simultaneously light and robust, and adorns one of the brand's legendary pieces: the Galleria. Re-issued with each new season, today this streamlined handbag is available in various sizes and colours. Mono colour for a classic style or with motifs for an intrepid look, it can be carried by the handles or worn over the shoulder. Another look, another iconic bag: the famous Bowling Bag, inspired by the bags used by bowling players and designed for women who wish to align style with a large carrying capacity. The semi-circular form, made popular by Prada in the 1990's, was copied by numerous other brands, which is further proof of its avant-garde spirit.
Prada breaks the codes, innovates, draws inspiration from the past as well as the future. Its runway shows are acclaimed and eagerly-awaited by fashion critics the world over. The luxury brand's creativity shines out from all its ranges of handbags for women. A rich collection, with bags to carry by the handles or over the shoulder, totes, saddle bags, satchels, across-the body bags, baguettes and Boston bags, that come in several mono coloured versions, but can also be found adorned with motifs, floral or animal prints, in bright and vibrant colours.
Please note all items are "as-is where-is" unless otherwise noted.
Terms and Conditions:
1. All items are sold where is, as is.
2. We will contact you the day after the auction ends with further instruction by email and exact address.
3. There will be a $20 fee assessed per item not picked up at that time that will be collected prior to bidding again at our auctions.
4. Please plan accordingly as items not picked up are considered "abandoned". Do not bid if you cant pick up this day.
5. You are responsible for ensuring you collect all items at pickup.
6. Legacy uses "Popcorn" or "Extended" bidding. This means if a bid comes in at the last second, it is extended 3 minutes. This is like a live auctioneer saying, "going once" to ensure all bids are exhausted prior to closing.
7. We charge a 10% flat buyers premium on all items.
8. We charge KY State Tax.
9. You must bring help to pickup any items. We can recommend movers upon request. Also, please bring tools for items that require disassembly. If you want to have an item shipped, see our shipping process below.
10. Please read our complete terms and conditions for additional details.