This is a large collection of vintage Corgi and Dinky race cars. From Wikipedia:
The Mettoy ("Metal Toy") company was founded in 1933 by German émigré Philip Ullmann in Northampton, England, where he was later joined by South African-born German Arthur Katz, who had previously worked for Ullmann at his toy company Tipp and Co of Nuremberg. After dabbling for some years in the model car market, they decided to produce a range of die-cast toy vehicles as competition to Meccano's Dinky model cars, which had dominated the British market for many years. "Corgi Toys" were introduced in the UK in July 1956 and were manufactured in Swansea, Wales, for 27 years before the company went into liquidation. A management buy-out re-formed the company as Corgi Toys Limited in March 1984. In 1989, the management sold the Corgi brand to Mattel and the factory was retained under the name of "Microlink Industries Ltd". In 1995, Corgi regained its independence as a new company, Corgi Classics Limited, and moved to new premises in Leicester. The Corgi brand was acquired by Hornby in 2008.
The range was exported worldwide and sold in large numbers. Some of the best known and most popular models were of cars made famous in film and television such as the Batmobile, Chitty Chitty Bang Bang and James Bond's Aston Martin DB5 – which remains the largest selling toy car ever produced. Although the largest single vehicle type featured in the Corgi Toys range were models of cars from manufacturers around the world, this article sub-divides vehicles into genres, wherever possible, to allow a more detailed look at the variety of models produced by the company.
Dinky Toys was the brand name for a range of die-cast zamak zinc alloy scale model vehicles produced by British toy company Meccano Ltd. They were made in England from 1934 to 1979, at a factory in Binns Road in Liverpool.
Please note all items are "as-is where-is"
See photos for size reference.
Terms and Conditions
1. All items are sold where is, as is.
2. We will contact you the day after the auction ends with further instruction by email and text.
3. There will be a $20 fee assessed per item not picked up at that time that will be collected prior to bidding again at our auctions.
4. Please plan accordingly as items not picked up are considered "abandoned". Do not bid if you cant pick up this day.
5. You are responsible for ensuring you collect all items at pickup.
6. Legacy uses "Popcorn" or "Extended" bidding. This means if a bid comes in at the last second, it is extended 3 minutes. This is like a live auctioneer saying, "going once" to ensure all bids are exhausted prior to closing.
7. We charge a 10% flat buyers premium on all items.
8. We charge KY State Tax.
9. You must bring help to pickup any items. We can recommend movers upon request. Also, please bring tools for items that require disassembly.
10. Please read our complete terms and conditions for additional details.
Category: Collectibles and Memorabilia