StoreThe Great Coin Hunt -Numismatic Fortune
GRADE: NGC MS 61
CERTIFICATION NUMBER: 119194-006
NGC COIN WEBSITE: https://www.ngccoin.com
1849 Open Wreath United States Gold Dollar coin graded by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) as Mint State 62 (MS 62). The coin's specifications and history are as follows:
The 1849 Open Wreath Gold Dollar was the first gold dollar coin minted by the United States, introduced after the California Gold Rush. The coin is composed of 90% gold and 10% copper, with a diameter of 13mm and a weight of 1.672 grams. Its design features an open wreath on the reverse, which distinguishes it from the closed wreath variety.
The obverse of the coin shows a left-facing portrait of Lady Liberty, wearing a coronet inscribed with the word "LIBERTY." The year "1849" is engraved below the portrait. The reverse features a wreath surrounding the denomination "1 DOLLAR" and "UNITED STATES OF AMERICA."
As for the coin's grade, NGC MS 62 indicates a mint state coin that has never been in circulation. The coin has no wear but may have some marks, hairlines, or other minor imperfections due to the minting process or handling.
The value of an 1849 Open Wreath G$1 coin in MS 62 condition can vary depending on factors like rarity, demand, and the current market.
Please note all items are "as-is where-is"
Terms and Conditions
1. All items are sold where is, as is.
2. We will contact you the day after the auction ends with further instruction by email.
3. There will be a $20 fee assessed per item not picked up at that time that will be collected prior to bidding again at our auctions. If it's larger than a suitcase, there is a $50 fee.
4. Please plan accordingly as items not picked up are considered "abandoned". Do not bid if you cant pick up this day.
5. You are responsible for ensuring you collect all items at pickup. If you don't pickup your items, your card on file will be charged plus a fee to remove the item.
6. Legacy uses "Popcorn" or "Extended" bidding. This means if a bid comes in at the last second, it is extended 3 minutes. This is like a live auctioneer saying, "going once" to ensure all bids are exhausted prior to closing.
7. We charge a 12% flat buyers premium on all items.
8. We charge KY State Tax.
9. You must bring help to pickup any items. We can recommend movers upon request. Also, please bring tools for items that require disassembly.
10. Please read our complete terms and conditions for additional details.
Category: Collectibles and Memorabilia